Be part of a small development team that will focus on in-sourcing the development and support of a key business application (Customer Facing) This is a hands-on technical position, which requires the individual to work at a detailed level on Sportium systems for development activities. The focus of the project would be in developing bespoke middleware caching technology and business logic server-side code utilized as backend for rich client customer facing application.
- Become part of the technical experts for Sportium proprietary self-service betting terminal solution; develop the necessary functional expertise to develop all the server component within an agile environment and ensuring timely delivery of business requirements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that follows Sportium guideline (TDD, OO, etc..)
- Write optimised performing code that take maximum advantage of system resources on both server and client components
- Requirements translation into technical user stories and code Produce technical documentation such as incremental design specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Helping the teams to troubleshoot issues with creative problem solving solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic corporate environments.
- Experience in Client – Server (one-to-one and one-to-many) application ideally within mixed technology
- Ideally experience in building software with interface to bespoke hardware (note acceptors, card readers, etc..) in a linux/unix environment
- Experience of a range of development utilities such as Jenkins, Subversion, Sonar, JIRA, Confluence, Ant, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical. Fluent in spoken and written in both English and Spanish highly advantageous Any experience of the betting and gaming industry would be highly desirable; likewise desirable is experience of the full software development lifecycle for enterprise-wide Retail systems such as: EPOS systems (software and hardware), Screen / video display systems, Customer information terminals, Self-service terminals, Gaming machines, or Customer loyalty systems.
- Highly organized and a good muti-tasker
- Flexible approach to working hours required with the business operating in a 24/7 environment and critical project deadlines